Who we are and what we do
Inhibitec, a pioneering biotechnology startup, that emerged as a spin off company from the prestigious University of Cantabria, (group led by Dr. Jesus Merino, MD, PhD), and the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), (group led by Dr. Ramon Merino, MD, PhD).
Our journey has been marked by significant achievements, including:
- Discovery of BAMBI as a pivotal molecule governing the differentiation of CD4 lymphocytes.
- Development of B101.37, a murine monoclonal antibody (mAb) designed to selectively inhibit BAMBI, showing remarkable therapeutic potential for autoimmune /chronic inflammatory disease like psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA), and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Successful patenting of our groundbreaking technology, with extensions secured in both the United States and the European Union.
- Advancement of B101.37 mAb into a humanized form (hB101.37 mAb), ensuring its compatibility for use in patients.
- Rigorous validation of the therapeutic efficacy of hB101.37 mAb.
These milestones underscore Inhibitec’s commitment to advancing healthcare through innovative solutions at the intersection of biotechnology and medical research
Inhibitec-Anticuerpos S.L. was created in 2019 with the goal of introducing a new treatment for patients with psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA) based in the blockade of BAMBI (BMP and Activin Membrane-Bound Inhibitor).
The resulting inhibitory anti-BAMBI monoclonal antibody and its therapeutic use in chronic inflammatory diseases has been protected by a Patent owned by the CSIC and UC, with extensions to Europe and US. Inhibitec has the exclusive license for this technology. Our patent officer is Hoffmann Eitle S.L.U.
Inhibitec has been awarded with several national grants: the Neotec program (CDTI), ENISA, SODERCAN and the Cantabria Regional Government. International recognition by the National Psoriasis Foundation (US) as twice recipients of the Translational Research Grant (2020/22 and 2023/25).
Qualified as Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) by the EMA in 2022.